I am not a professional speaker (i.e. the things I speak about are things I’m working on or researching in the real world, my job is not speaking constantly) but I love to travel and speak around the world whenever possible.
Please free to invite me, or me and my colleagues to give a talk! You can find a list of previous talks on my events page.
I talk about:
- machine learning
- Swift programming for iOS/macOS/tvOS/watchOS
- Swift programming for scientific computing (e.g. Swift for TensorFlow)
- game development with Unity
- machine learning with Unity/simulations/agents
- game development with Godot
- open source licensing and software
- pen-and-paper game design for team building, community building, or general understanding
- the intersection of history and technology
- narrative game development (e.g. YarnSpinner and surrounding tools)
- the intersection of all the above
Biography and Headshot
Dr Paris Buttfield-Addison is co-founder of Secret Lab, a game development studio based in beautiful Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. Secret Lab builds games and game development tools, including the award-winning ABC Play School iPad games, BAFTA- and IGF-winning Night in the Woods, and the Qantas Joey Playbox, and the popular open source YarnSpinner narrative game framework. Paris formerly worked as a software engineer, and product manager for Meebo, which was acquired by Google in 2012. He has a degree in medieval history, a PhD in Computing, and writes technical books on machine learning, programming, and game development for O’Reilly Media. He can be found on Twitter @parisba and online at http://paris.id.au