Also available via O’Reilly’s Safari, if you have a subscription (a free trial is available!)
Our new book is out! We worked really hard on this amazing book! Learn about space, astrophysics, and Kerbal Space Program, the best realistic space program simulator!
- Jon and I have written a post on Swift for the O’Reilly Programming blog, it’s the first of three, and it covers why Swift is an interesting language;
- I’ll be speaking at the Functional Programming Miniconf, at linux.conf.au 2016, about (you guessed it) functional programming with Swift! (registrations for linux.conf.au 2016 are open until January 29th!)
- our new book, Learning Swift, is getting rave reviews, and is nearing final release; you can buy it now in Early Release, and get updates!
Following our return to Australia after OSCON, I have slept for a bit, and started work on what’s next! We’re hard at work in the lab, where we narrowly missed the snow, on the following…
We’re working on a whole collection of books for O’Reilly Media:
- updating Swift Development for the Apple Watch for watchOS 2.0/iOS 9
- writing Mobile Game Development with Unity
- finishing up The Kerbal Book on Kerbal Space Program
- writing a brand new book about programming with Swift 2.0!
We head to Melbourne in the next few weeks, to run and speak at the /dev/world/2015 –– tickets are still available! It’s a great iOS and OS X developer conference!
After that we speak at Museums and the Web in Melbourne, in early October, presenting our popular How Do I Game Design? workshop. Then, immediately after, we fly to Amsterdam, to attend OSCON in Amsterdam, where we’re talking about Swift (like we did at OSCON in Portland). We can’t wait!
We’re hard at work on Button Squid and Gnome’s Well That Ends Well, and we’ll have a further update later in the year!
The new book that I co-authored with Jon Manning and Tim Nugent is now available from O’Reilly Media. Swift Development with Cocoa covers programming for OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 using Apple’s new language. It’s getting great reviews, and it was a lot of fun to write.
The newest book (released December 2012) by Jon Manning and I, co-founders of Secret Lab, is currently on sale from O’Reilly! Our book, along with a collection of other great iOS-development books, is available in the Build Successful iOS Apps sale.
You can use the discount code WKPRGS6 or visit http://go.secretlab.co/OELh to get 50% off.
Just announced: Unity Mobile Game Development For Dummies!